These are my favourite cookies – they are so easy to make, and even easier to eat.
This recipe is taken from More from Magnolia – just one of the fantastic baking books to come out of the amazing Magnolia Bakery in New York City. I mostly use baking books from America, and the great thing about this one is that it has UK measurements in each recipe – so you don’t have to figure out the conversion from cups each time you bake something!
What you will need:
185g (6 1/2 oz) plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp salt
225g (8 oz) butter
225g (8 oz) light brown soft sugar
100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
125g (4 1/2 oz) porridge oats
100g (3 1/2 oz) desiccated coconut
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190 degrees celsius/fan over 170 degrees celsius.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon & salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter with the sugars for around 2 minutes, until smooth.
4. Add the egg and vanilla – and beat well.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix throughly.
6. Stir in the oats and coconut.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking trays – make sure you leave several centimetres for the cookies to expand.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden. When out of the oven allow to cool completely.
Their paper products are so beautifully designed, I find myself baking just so I can use them.
Now…all thats left to do is enjoy the fruits of your labour! Baking really is the best hobby of all.